This type of love can also be called mystical love, or just pure love. It is much rarer than the other two types of love. Whereas the love mode of narcissism is directed to oneself, and the love mode of jealousy is directed to another person, love by itself has no object. It is just a flux, just a flow of enchanting emotion to everything.
Usually the only time that a person feels such love for any length of time is when the person falls in love with someone. Then the world transforms magically into a wonderland (really the person has fallen in love with the world, rather than with the other person) ; however, soon the magic fades, the mood vanishes and is replaced by the love mode of jealousy – now love is restricted to the other person.
When pure love is my current mood, I have the same value as everyone else, so differences in abilities or in character development are unimportant. Uniformity is the rule (this should be separated from conformity, which is characteristic of the self-pity mode of jealousy).
Copyright © 2002 Ian Heath All Rights Reserved
Sign Up for Full Access
Access hundreds of theories, approaches, study and experiment overviews, plus a range of psychology guides including Body Language Reading and How to Interpret Your Dreams.
More on Psychology of Emotions »
- Emotion Guide: Why do people and animals experience emotions, and what makes us...
- Love And Emotion: How Love Happens: A look at the types of love in relationships...
- Jealousy Emotion
- Narcissism Emotion
- Keys To A Good Relationship: Types Of Love: Find out what makes a successful...
- More on Psychology of Emotions ›
On Psychologist World »
- Behavioral Approach: How Behaviorism Explains Our Behavior
- How Adorno's F-Scale Identifies Authoritarian Personalities
- Learn To Read The Body Language Of Eyes
- Psychologist World Home Page ›
Want to Learn More Psychology?
Join Psychologist World today for access to our entire 2,200+ collection of psychology theories, approaches, studies, experiments and online guides. Learn More and Sign Up ›
You May Also Like »