Sigmund Freud Revision Quiz
Test your knowledge of Sigmund Freud and Freudian psychology with this revision quiz.
21 questionsSigmund Freud Revision Quiz
Take the Quiz
How well do you understand the theories of Sigmund Freud? Can you tell your id from your ego? Put your knowledge to the test with this Freudian psychology revision quiz!
Let's see how you scored:
0 out of 21
1. Sigmund Freud is widely considered to be the father of _______________.
2. Freud is well known for his development of what theory?
3. According to Freud, what is the function of the "ego"?
4. What did Freud consider to be the role of the "id"?
5. What is the role of the "super ego"?
6. In what order do the following areas of the psyche develop?
7. What happens to a memory when it is repressed?
8. Who proposed the idea of the Electra Complex, a complex observed in girls which is comparable to the Oedipus Complex?
9. What form of evidence did Freud mainly use to support his theories?
10. The 'oral stage' lasts from birth until approximately what age?
11. A person who is anally expulsive might exhibit what behavior according to Freud?
12. During the phallic stage, what may develop?
13. True or false? During the latency stage, conflicts tend to be reduced compared to the oral, anal and phallic stages?
14. Who would a boy experiencing an Oedipus complex pursue the affection of?
15. What animal did Freud's case study of Little Hans describe him experiencing a phobia of?
16. According to Freud, why did Anna O develop an aversion to water which left her unable to drink?
17. Why did Rat Man fear a family member being punished by a torture method involving rats?
18. Wolf Man witnessed his father chopping a snake into pieces as a child. What did Freud believe that this had caused?
19. Transference is a process which occurs when...
20. When does the genital stage begin?
21. Displacement and 'identifying with the aggressor' are examples of what?
Correct! Well done.
Oops! That's incorrect.
Question 1 of 21