Popular Today 27th Feb
Attachment & Relationships
Eye Reading (Body Language)
Windows to the Soul
Pavlov's Dogs and Classical Conditioning
31 Psychological Defense Mechanisms Explained
31 Defense Mechanisms
Zimbardo's Stanford Prison Experiment
Slave To Your Role?
Learn psychology skills and access premium content with a membership:
- Learn to interpret your dreams
- Understand people using body language
- Psychology experiments unwrapped: what the results show
- Insights into theories and explanations of behavior, emotion and thinking Insights into theories and explanations of human behavior and thinking
- Unlimited access to more compelling psychology content
Psychology by Area
Aversion therapy uses the principle that new behavior can be 'learnt' in order to overcome addictions, obsessions or, as demonstrated in Kubrick's film, A Clockwork Orange, violent behavior.
The role of neurotransmitter dopamine in movement and cognition.
Historical pseudo-science of face reading explained.
Analysis of popular scenarios people experience in dreams.
Why do people and animals experience emotions, and what makes us experience different types of emotions. Ian Heath looks at emotional states, the link between the sub-conscious and our feelings.
Case study of Sigmund Freud's client Rat Man (Ernst Lanzer), whose obsessive thoughts helped Freud to develop his theories.
Explanation of the Zeigarnik effect, whereby interruption of a task can lead to it being remembered in more detail.