More Approaches in Psychology:
Behavioral Psychology Timeline
- 1911 Edward Thorndike (1874-1949) describes the Law of Effect in behavioral conditioning.
- 1913 John B. Watson publishes Psychology as the Behaviorist Views it, the "Behaviorist Manifesto".
- 1913 John B. Watson publishes Psychology as the Behaviorist Views It, describing Methodological Behaviorism.
- 1920 John B. Watson demonstrates classical conditioning in the Little Albert Experiment.
- 1938 B.F. Skinner carries out Skinner's Box experiment using an "operant conditioning chamber".
- 1943 Abraham Maslow publishes A Theory of Motivation, identifying a heirarchy of human needs.
- 1947 B.F. Skinner publishes a study observing superstitious tendencies in pigeons.
- 1951 Solomon Asch begins a series of experiments looking at conformity in group situations.
- 1967 Thomas Stampfl identifies Flooding as a behavioral therapy for phobias.
- 1971 Reciprocal Altruism identified in Robert Trivers' paper, The Evolution of Reciprocal Altruism.