Over 3 million Americans suffer from OCD in any given year, so Obsessive-Compulsive disorders are far from uncommon. Read the symptoms below; and if you answer 'yes' to any of the issues mentioned, you may have some form of OCD:
- Do you feel trapped in a pattern of unwanted and upsetting thoughts?
- Do you feel you have to do the same things over again for no good reason?
- I have upsetting thoughts or images enter my mind again and again.
- I feel like I can’t stop these thoughts or images, even though I want to.
- I have a hard time stopping myself from doing things again and again, like: counting, checking on things, washing my hands, re-arranging objects, doing things until it feels right, collecting useless objects.
- I worry a lot about terrible things that could happen if I’m not careful.
- I have unwanted urges to hurt someone but know I never would.
Adapted from: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/NIMHocd.pdf